Represented Counties:Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Riverside, San Bernardino
About the Group:
The Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association is an open, interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the collaborative law process for resolving family conflict, through training for professionals and education for families. LACFLA is the umbrella group for serving Los Angeles County and its environs throughout Southern California.
LACFLA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation offering continuous education and support for success with non-adversarial resolutions using the collaborative law process. LACFLA guides and supports collaborative practice throughout Southern California and coordinates with regional, state and international collaborative practice organizations. LACFLA carries out its mission with numerous projects and initiatives including:
- Produces an annual three-day basic interdisciplinary training for allied professionals based upon its unique faculty format;
- Conducts an annual critically acclaimed workshop for cultural and economic diversity;
- Coordinates with the Los Angeles Superior Court judiciary;
- Sponsors brown bag lunches throughout Los Angeles County and its environs;
- Sponsors and co-sponsors advanced trainings, Sandcastles workshops and speaker presentations for community groups;
- Coordinates activities with the local practice groups;
- Develops countrywide standardized participation agreements and protocol for practice; and
- Participates and supports development of local rules, statutes and policies shaping collaborative practice throughout the state of California and nationally.